Thursday, April 28, 2011

P.S.

I'm having design issues right now. Seems my version of firefox doesn't like blogger anymore so its making everything a rather ugly. I find this distressing because my beloved 4 yr old Mac book is apparently now "old" and doesn't like new browsers. A pending switch to wordpress, perhaps?

Please forgive the aesthetic dishevelment.

And if your computer doesn't show the ugliness (bright blue links, strange heading formatting, etc), then ignore this post. And if you have any idea of how to help me, do not ignore this post at all but comment and tell me your hidden knowledge.

3 comments:

Robbie Parks said...

Try this:

- Go to the Blogger Template Designer. - Select "Advanced" on the left, and then "Links".

The various link color settings may be messed up.

- To restore them to the defaults, click "Clear advanced changes to links"

Hopefully that will fix everything! :)

If it doesn't, you are welcome to bring your computer to the Plex this evening after ballroom, and I'll take a look at your blog directly to see if I can find the problem.

Dana Ray said...

I did all of that several times. But no luck. I think I'll just use a computer lab sometime to see if I can fix it.

Robbie Parks said...

Aha! I figured it out.

You typed your "Homeless God" post in Microsoft Word and copied and pasted it into Blogger: a very reasonable thing to do. (I do it all the time.) It was only after that post was made that the "ugliness" happened.

When you copied it, along came Word's styling, and that styling resulted in unintentionally uglifying your blog, since it was inadvertently added to the overall page code.

This can be fixed by editing that "Homeless God" post, removing everything in it, and pasting only the text without any styling. Indentation can be added if you like.

If this is unclear or bothersome to figure out, give me a holler and I'll help you out.