Thursday, March 01, 2012

Leap Day

The odds that I will be posting or that you will be reading this blog in four years is slim to none. How could I pass up the opportunity to have a "February 29th" date stamp on a blog post?

Today, I celebrated Leap Day by proposing to my friend Megan. I said, "I have a question for you to which you MUST SAY NO." So I proposed and she graciously refused.

I also celebrated by plowing ahead through the second book in the Hunger Games trilogy. No, I was no skimping on work. I read while cooking dinner. Strange that I managed such double tasking, but you cannot argue with the excellence of the soup nor the 50 pages I read while waiting for it to finish cooking.

I also celebrated by having a dinner with my Life Group girls and watching Phantom of the Opera and eating the previously mentioned soup.

And then I celebrated by making a list of all the things I've lost in the last two weeks. So far the tally runs thus: driver's license, library book, pay check. It's that time of year, really. When my brain gets tired or stressed or anxious, it tells me that I need to deal with some deep seated psychological frustration by loosing things. I thought this was weird. Then Lauren Winner writes in "Still" that she looses her car keys when life starts to unravel. Without fail.

Okay then. I guess it's not the end of the world. But I really need that paycheck.


Update! Update! In the last five minutes, I found a missing scarf, my missing mitten [which had been missing all winter], the lost library book, and a leg warmer. It's a start!

March 1 Update! License was found wedged under the driver's seat in my car. What was it doing out of my wallet anyway?

No comments: