Sunday, October 27, 2013

Balchik / балчик

I got the itch to go a'wandering on Saturday. The weather was perfect. Warm in the sun. Fall crisp and crunch in the shade. A few wandering clouds. A breeze.

Took a bus to Balchik, a coastal town. Fell quite in love with its hilly streets, stone steps leading to more streets and back alleys, rocky lined shore, the sea.

It felt good to see a bit of independence. The nagging sense of "I am a child" dwindled in the audacity to pick up and leave town for the afternoon. Confidence in my ability to get there, find something wonderful to do, and get back the same day. I even packed myself a lunch.

The time away gave me a chance to re-start my insides. The water and sun rested me. I even wrote two "shitty first drafts" of poems when I got home.








1 comment:

Ed Cox said...

Balchik looks like a cool place, one of those spots in BG that I have yet to see. It looks somehow inspiring. Got to get there.